First job in Gilgit
I arrived in Gilgit in May 2023 and secured a job there. I find summers in Islamabad quite unpleasant, so I decided to move to Gilgit instead. Before making this move, I had accepted a job in Islamabad but chose not to join due to the summer. Determined not to spend the summer in Islamabad, I made the transition when my job in Gilgit began in May 2023.
During my first month in Gilgit, I stayed home alone and focused on my job responsibilities, which kept me busy. I traveled to Hunza to attend the Shahoor Foundation's regional workshop for fellows from Gilgit-Baltistan, Kashmir, and Islamabad at the Luxus Hotel Hunza.
In the first week of June, I traveled to Islamabad for an appointment at the Austrian embassy. I submitted my documents and then flew back to Gilgit. Throughout June, my workload and official responsibilities kept me occupied. My mother and sister visited me in Gilgit. In July, our entire family gathered in Gilgit to celebrate Eid. I also received my visa for Austria and began making preparations. On July 10th, I traveled to Islamabad with my cousin and then departed for Austria.
I spent 14 days in Austria, attending a 7-day conference in Vienna before visiting Innsbruck. After a week there, I returned to Vienna and took my flight back to Pakistan on July 24th.
Upon arriving in Islamabad, I traveled back to Gilgit to attend to some pending tasks, which kept me busy. Since then, I have continued living in Gilgit. My job contract ended in September 2023. I had planned to leave for Islamabad in October; however, my younger brother came to Gilgit to prepare for his exams, and I had some unfinished tasks to see.
In October 2023, I received an email from Pepperdine University informing me that I had been accepted into a Master's program in Public Policy. The school has admitted me for the fall 2024 intake. Today is November 11, 2023, and I will be leaving for Islamabad tomorrow.
I had a wonderful time in Gilgit. I reunited with old friends, spent time with them, visited various places, managed family businesses, and met new, interesting people.
As winter becomes harsher and more intense, it is becoming increasingly difficult to stay in Gilgit. I recently interviewed for a Research Associate position at the Shahoor Foundation and have also applied for the same position in Islamabad. I hope to secure a job there so that I can spend the winter in Islamabad. Additionally, I need to apply for a student visa for the U.S.
By the grace of Allah, I plan to streamline my tasks in the future. Ameen.
Comments
Post a Comment